Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hollie and Jake Get Hitched!


On Friday, November 7, 2008, my little sister Hollie and her fiance Jake got married! They have been dating for about 4 years now, so this was a very exciting night! Jared and I flew out on Wednesday night, where we met up with my other sister Erin and her husband Seth. We took the Van Nuys Fly Away bus up to Van Nuys where my parents picked us up and then headed home to Lancaster, but not before we stopped off for some In-N-Out burger!!

We got home late and basically crashed since we knew we had a busy day that Thursday doing last minute wedding preparations. The rehearsal went well and before we knew it, it was Friday morning and we were getting our things together for the wedding!! We all arrived at 3pm to get ready and take pictures. Then we waited in the dressing room until it was time for the ceremony to begin. As we were waiting at the door for the rest of the bridesmaids to walk down the aisle, Hollie and I were freaking out. I kept asking her, "Can you believe this is happening??!!" Hollie and I had stayed up so many nights talking about this day for the past four years and I just could not believe this day had finally come. I was so excited for her and the look on her face said it all.

The ceremony was absolutely beautiful and was so "Hollie & Jake." They basically planned and did everything themselves and it turned out so awesome! After the ceremony we all headed over to the Palmdale Cultural Center for the reception. By far my favorite part of the reception was their 1st dance. Hollie and Jake started out dancing to a slow song and then mid way through the wedding singer started coughing and then some rap music stared playing at which point Hollie and Jake started doing a choreographed dance they had put together to this rap song. It was hilarious and awesome all at once!!!

All in all it was a great night and I can't believe my little Hollie is married now. My poor parents have now put on weddings for all three of their daughters in consecutive years: Jared and I - November 10, 2006.....Erin and Seth - December 7, 2007......Hollie and Jake - November 7, 2008. Our family is unbelievably close and I think the fact that all three of us girls got married back to back to some awesome guys is just more evidence of that. Now if we could only all live in the same city again, right mom?! :)


No comments: