
*Disclaimer: I apologize in advance...this post is pretty sappy :)
Jared's job title is Facilities Manager at Clear Lake Presbyterian Church, however, he also wears many many more hats for this job. In addition to facilities management, he also at times, acts as the IT guy, the phone system guy, the sound guy, and the "anything else that is needed to be done" guy. Jared is always willing to help out in other areas when needed even though this can be rather inconvenient at times. He is such an amazing jack-of-all-trades, that not only is he able to step into these other roles spur of the moment, but he also produces amazing work when he does. This is actually one of the things that I absolutely love and adore about Jared - he is always willing to help out when he is needed and he is so stinkin' good at anything and everything he does...it is quite amazing!!
So the latest project that fell into Jared's lap, required him to put his "sound guy" hat on. His church has been doing some upgrades lately, and one of the upgrades was to redo some of the sound equipment and wiring in the main sanctuary. The church hired a professional to come in and do most of the work, and some volunteers in the sound department were also supposed to come in and work on the project. The only thing Jared was really supposed to do was to open the doors for them and help out if they needed to know where something was located. Unfortunately, the main sound volunteers never showed up, so aside from a couple volunteers that showed up to take notes, no one was there to help the professional. This is how it came to land on Jared's table. He worked all last week with the professional sound guy, crawling under the main stage, rewiring sound boxes, fixing returns, replacing sound boards, etc. etc. etc.
They put in ridiculously long hours and Jared basically spent his entire days doing the sound work and not much time up in the office doing his Facilities Manager work. He would come home completely exhausted from the project, but after a week of working on it, they completed it on time and the sound is sooo much better than it was before.
I am so proud of Jared for his work on this project! I am proud of him for stepping up and helping out in a department that is not typically under his responsibilities, and I am proud of him for doing such amazing work on the sound system. After six years with Jared, he continues to impress and amaze me. He is such a gem and I love and cherish him dearly.
The next project the church is working on is to completely revamp their website. For this, Jared is creating maps of the church layout to be included on the website. He has been working on this all weekend and they are looking fabulous. I can't wait to see the finished product...I'll have to post that on here later.
Ok, thanks for listening to me brag on my hubby. I will try to keep the posts less sappy in the future. :)
Carissa
No comments:
Post a Comment