Friday, July 2, 2010

Camping

Three weeks ago we went camping along the Guadalupe River in New Braunfels, TX, with some friends. Aside from it being ridiculously hot, we had sooo much fun!! Jared and I had been wanting to camp for some time now, but had just not made the time to do it. So when our friends told us about this camping trip, we jumped at the chance.

We arrived at Rio Raft super late Friday night - like around 11pm. Once we got our tent set up, everyone decided we should go down by the river and roast some hot dogs, burgers, and s'mores. It was so good! I love doing hot dogs and s'mores over a fire pit - it reminds me of all our beach trips back home.

The next day we loaded up the truck and drove to a tubing location. We all had our own tubes plus we got a large raft. The ice chest filled with food and drinks got its own tube too, and it was tied to the large raft. We spent about 3 hours floatin' down the Guadalupe River. It was super relaxing and the rapids were pretty fun too.

That evening we got ready and drove to the nearby town of Gruene. It is so cute and has an "old time" feel to it, which I absolutely LOVE. They had some cute stores, especially the General Store! I would seriously work there in a heart beat! We ate dinner at the Gristmill then went to the old Dance Hall (Gruene Hall) for some more good times.

Overall it was sooo much fun and we are already getting antsy to go camping again!! Although I don't think we will be camping during the summer any more here. It was soooo hot!! I am thinking maybe like November or December. :)

The only sad part of the trip was that I completely forgot to take pics for most of the trip!! For some reason I did not take pictures of our camp site and I am so bummed! I am hoping to get some pics from my friend Chelsea though. So here are just a few that I managed to take on our outing to Gruene....

Enjoy!!



Me, Chelsea, and Tracy - with Colin in the back :)



David and Jared



Gruene, TX



The General Store in Gruene, TX



The General Store - I seriously want to work here!! :)

No comments: