This weekend Jared got a new toy: Apple TV. He has been talking about this for a few weeks now, so when the new model came out on Saturday we made a little trip to the local Apple store. After an hour or so of Jared crawling through our attic to drop wires and stuff like that his toy was up and running. He is seriously like a kid in the candy store right now - it's cute! In fact, he is in the living room giving one of his friends a tutorial on it via iChat right now.Jared and I don't have cable tv or anything like that - we have an antenna for a few basic channels and that's it. The cool thing about Apple TV is that for simply purchasing the device and plugging it in, we can watch movies, tv shows, access our Netflix account, and it connects to our other Mac computers so anything on those computers is now easily accessed on our tv as well. We have the choice to watch free movies and tv shows, or we can rent them or buy them - depending on what we want to do. It's pretty crazy stuff.
I was not that excited about it at first, but I have to admit it is really growin' on me now. Maybe once I am done with school I will have more time to play around with it. Right now I just do a few minutes here or there when I am taking breaks.
It's crazy to me that we are now a Mac household because we have been PC users for soooo many years and were never interested in Macs at all. However, after using our friends' Macs and using them at Gonzaga, I grew to appreciate how awesome they are....especially since I am in an online program which requires me to be glued to my computer.
So within 6 months we have gone from having zero Mac products, to solely using Mac products. {Except for the phones -- we still use regular cell phones because I refuse to use AT&T. } Anyways, I am loving Mac....they have a new fan in me.
1 comment:
One of my students had an apple Ipad at school & she showed me all the stuff it does. Totally amazing! now I want one!
Susan/Mom
Post a Comment