Sunday, November 20, 2011

Catch-Up

Oh my gosh, who the heck has time to blog? I mean seriously?? Ok, here's a run down on what we've been up to lately.

We haven't been up to much.  Just working, working, working, working. I am still teaching the four speech classes and doing part time advising.  I have about 105 students and the grading/prep keeps me soooooo busy.  I am seriously hoping that the more I do this the easier or less time consuming it becomes.  December 15th cannot come soon enough.

We typically skip Halloween festivities around here.  We are not fans at all of that holiday and would pretty much skip October 31st every year if we had the option. BUT this year our friends (Karen and Noe) talked us into coming to their Halloween party.  So we opted for costumes that were the easiest thing to throw together:  Castle and Beckett :)



Our same friends (Karen and Noe) also invited to go to the shooting range with them too.  They love going, and they hit up the range pretty often.  Jared has had lots of shooting experience too, but I had not even held a real gun before, so I was totally freaking out.

The worst part was how loud the shooting range was.  I had no idea gun fire was sooooo loud.  Once I doubled up on ear plugs and ear muffs, I was much better.  We shot Noe's pistol, small rifle, and large rifle.  Initially, I thought I would only be shooting the pistol because it was the smallest gun, but it ended up being my least favorite.  Surprisingly, to me, I ended up loving the large rifle!! It was my favorite!! :)

Here's a video of Jared shooting the large rifle and a pic of me holding the large rifle.






And one of Karen and me before we started shooting:



Let's see.... the only other thing is that we celebrated five years of marriage on November 10th.  Five years of loving Jared as my husband and 8.5 years of loving him as my best friend.  Of all the crap and pain we've been through in our lives, one of the biggest blessings that I am eternally grateful for is being married to Jared.  He is tops and totally rocks my world. I love him to pieces, and I love spending every second I can with him.  Through God's grace, being married to Jared is the easiest thing I've ever done.... we are two peas in a pod. :)



Ok, that's it for now.  I have lot's of class work to get back to..... and cleaning BECAUSE..... my mom and dad are flying out here for Thanksgiving and I am sooooo excited about that!!!!!  I miss them soooo much and can't wait to see them.  They get here on Thursday!!  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just like peas and carrots... ;)
Love ya,
Aunt Andrea