We go to the park a lot. Jack loves it, even if it's super hot and humid out. I remember that part of childhood; where bad weather did not affect your desire to play outside. I remember my dad taking us to the park all of the time. I always thought that he loved going as much as we did, and maybe he did, but now that we are going to the park constantly with Jack, and I know how tired and hot I am, it makes me wonder if my dad was really feeling how I feel now; hot and tired but totally willing to kill yourself playing at the park with your kids to make them happy.
That's the sign of a great parent...feeling super tired and hot, but not letting your kid see that at all, so that when they remember their childhood they only remember how happy his or her parents were at the park. Jared is like that. I know how tired he is and I know how much he hates the weather in Houston, but Jack would never know that. Jared goes outside with him all of the time. When I get tired and need to sit down or head back to the air conditioned car, Jared is still out there with Jack - running, climbing up slides, running up and down hills, playing on every section of that park with Jack. I'm glad Jack will remember super fun park with his dad too. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment