Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

Tonight it is snowing in Houston!! How crazy is that? I watch the weather report every morning when I am getting ready and today they said there was a chance of snow flurries, to which I thought "Ha! Whatever! Not in Houston." It was freezing cold all day, but I saw no sign of snow flurries anywhere. I figured as the day went on, there would be less chance of it snowing because it usually gets warmer as the day goes by, but low and behold at 5:30pm my boss came in and told everyone in our office that it was snowing and that if you lived far from the office you needed to go home. I was absolutely shocked! I believe the words that came out of my mouth were "Shut Up!" To which everyone looked at me stunned that I had just told our boss "shut-up," so I had to explain it was a California thing. My Grandpa Bicker would have been proud, seeing as he always makes fun of me for saying that. HaHa! :)

Well, seeing as I don't live too far from work, I was one of the lucky ones who had to stay until the office closed at 7pm, but not without heading outside to experience the snow! It was soooo pretty and peaceful. I love to sit and watch snow fall and I especially love how it blankets everything in white. It is so serene. It used to snow every winter back in my home town of Lake Elizabeth and I have missed the snow so much! Even though our Houston snow tonight was just a light snow fall and was not a major snow storm or anything, it was still fun to experience the little bit of Houston snow we got! It was so exciting to see my car all covered in snow when I left the office tonight! I had to wipe off my windows so I could see! By the time I arrived back home, it was still snowing, so of course Jared and I immediately threw on some winter clothes and headed outside to play in the snow and take these pictures... :)













No comments: