Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thesis Brain

When I look at this post-it, I can't help but laugh.  Here's the backstory on it........

When we went in for our 6 week ultrasound, the doctor thought that we might be having twins.  She couldn't really tell because everything was still pretty small, but some number that they track was higher than she expected and she thought she saw another baby dot, but again, she just wasn't sure.

So to double check, a week later she sent us to the hospital for an in-depth ultrasound because they have a machine with higher resolution.  The ultrasound tech wouldn't talk to us, so we had no idea what the results showed when we left that day.

A couple days later my doctor called to let me know there was definitely only one baby, the due date was November 27, and my next apt would be April 27.  When she called I was smack in the middle of analyzing my research, so I grabbed the nearest post-it and jotted down the info she gave me, not thinking a thing of it.

Later, when I showed the note to Jared, he started laughing because he noticed that when I jotted down what the doctor said, I did it as though it was one of my homework assignments or something.  When I looked at it again, I could see what he meant..... Due: November 27 - one baby! haha  I blame it on thesis brain!

On another note, we've already received 3 outfits from friends.  I love them!  I know they look a little more on the boyish side, but even if we have a girl she will still be wearing them.  We're not really into the the stereotypical gender colors.  If we have a girl, I can pretty much guarantee that there will be zero pink anywhere in sight.... and instead lots and lots of blue :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

love it! especially the baby dodgers jersey. but how does your dad feel about that? :)

Carissa said...

Ahaha! He will just have to deal with it. The Dodger outfit was from Tracy Schramm's mom because they are huge Dodger fans. If he wants the baby to wear Giants then he can send a Giants outfit. We are equal opportunity people :)