Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Dry Bones

I love this song. I listen to it A LOT.  I love that there are Christian worship songs that don't sound all peppy because sometimes life sucks, and I don't feel peppy, and I don't want to sing peppy songs (see previous blog post). I want to sing songs that feel like my soul is crying out to God with raw emotion, and yet at the same time is theologically sound.

That's one of the reasons I like hymns...the lyrics are so much deeper and cover a wider range of human emotions and experiences than many of the songs today. "Dry Bones" is not a hymn, but it is a song that feels heavy. It certainly is not peppy.

I'm grateful for songs like it, such as "It is Well With My Soul" and "Joy." I think we need more songs like this...or we at least need to hear more songs like this...music can be such therapeutic medicine for the soul.




Here are the lyrics:

** Dry Bones **

My soul cries out
My soul cries out for you

These bones cry out
These dry bones cry for you
To live and move
'Cause only You can raise the dead
Can lift my head up

My soul cries out
My soul cries out for you

Jesus, You're the one who saves us
Constantly creates us into something new
Jesus, surely you will finds us
Surely our Messiah will make all things new
Will make all things new

My soul cries out
My soul cries out for you

These bones cry out
These dry bones cry for you
To live and move
'Cause only You can raise the dead
Can lift my head up

Jesus, You're the one who saves us
Constantly creates us into something new
Jesus, surely you will finds us
Surely our Messiah will make all things new
Will make all things new

Life is breaking out, it's breaking out
Life is breaking out, it's breaking out, it's breaking out

And life is breaking out, it's breaking out, it's breaking out

Jesus, You're the one who saves us
Constantly creates us into something new
Jesus, surely you will finds us
Surely our Messiah will make all things new
Will make all things new

[ These are Dry Bones Lyrics on http://www.lyricsmania.com/ ]

No comments: