So far, everything we picked up has been working pretty well. Granted we only do this for a few minutes at a time or also while Jack runs laps around the kitchen in between identifying flashcards with me. Ha! I am thinking we may need to homeschool this wild boy for a few years because I am not so sure that a classroom setting will be ideal for him. We'll see.
I really like using the poster board letters because it incorporates some kinesthetic learning where Jack can touch the letters, pick them up, sort them, etc. He also likes to rip them, so some of them have been taped back together a few times. :)
But my favorite item that we picked up is the felt board. We picked up one learning pack (animals, misc. items, and numbers), but can go back and pick up some more if we need to. It's been so fun to watch Jack put things on the felt board, count items that I've put on the felt board, name things that I've put on the felt board, etc. He also enjoys knocking everything off the felt board as soon as I have it set up perfectly by my OCD self. Oh Jack. ;)
Here are some pics of Jack during felt board and Lego time...
No comments:
Post a Comment