~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jack loves to do whatever we are doing. And not only does he want to be right up there in the middle of the business with us, he wants to be doing whatever we are doing too.
If I'm working on the computer, Jack will come in and climb right up on the desk to start typing on the second computer right next to me. If I am brushing my teeth, Jack will ask to sit on the counter next to me and brush his own teeth. If I am cooking, Jack will ask to sit on the counter and help. If I am making a sandwich or buttering toast, Jack wants to sit right by me on the counter and butter the toast for me. Seriously...he wants to do everything! Except clean up or get in his car seat, of course. ;)
His favorite quote right now is, "Jacky do it? Jacky do it?" That means that he actually wants to hold, touch, move, or do whatever it is we are doing. He wants to be right in there. Even though it means each task will take longer and messes will be bigger, I try to let him help me as often as I can because I want to encourage his curiosity, desire to help, and independent spirit.
Here are some pictures of my little sous-chef helping out in the kitchen. And don't worry, he was very well supervised during this.
Making Eggs...
Making Meatloaf...
Making chili and grilled cheese sandwiches:
| I told him to smile. He did this. ;) |
No comments:
Post a Comment