Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Erin!!

Today is my sister Erin's birthday!!! She is living in China with her hubs so I can't celebrate with her in person today....BUT I can do a blog post in her honor!

Erin is one of the coolest people I have ever known. She is a godly woman of honesty and integrity and is always willing to lend a helping hand! She has a HUGE heart for people and animals, and she never shies away from adventure. She always does what she believes is right and is not afraid to speak her mind or hold others accountable. I love that she seeks a genuine and passionate relationship with Christ, instead of the American pop-Christian status quo faith. Plus, I love that she would rather play or watch sports than go shopping, and that she would rather watch action/thriller movies over chic flicks any day.....especially because I am the same way!

While we did have our share of sister fights growing up, I have many more happy memories of growing up together. We are so close in age (she is 15 months younger than me) that we did everything together when we were little. I loved having a buddy that I could always play with - especially since we moved a lot when we were young. I have so many fun memories of growing up on Sheldon Ranch where we would go exploring through the orange groves and mountains with our dad, play in our tree house for hours, and play hide-and-seek in the farm warehouses where they kept the tractors and hay. Erin was a blast to grow up with!!

So happy birthday Erin!! I love you and am soooo thankful to Jesus for having you as my sister!!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

So sweet!!!! I love my sisters too! :)

Anonymous said...

Awwwww thanks so much, sissy poo!! =D I really appreciate this! You were a blast to grow up with too! Love you and miss you so much! -Erin