Week 4 was a nightmare with Jack screaming almost all day long with few moments of peace and happiness. It was the most exhausting and frustrating week since he was born. Thankfully, week 5 was a lot better. He had more moments of happiness, but still had some sort of issue every day which was still very exhausting and frustrating.
So he was not consistently having good feedings/naps or consistently struggling with feeding/naps. Sometimes his naps were great but his feedings were a challenge, sometimes his feedings were great but naps were a challenge, sometimes the majority of naps and feedings were great and sometimes they were not. He's just hit or miss. Oddly enough, even if he had some issues during the day he actually was sleeping through the night pretty well starting at week 5. Weird!
Well, yesterday, we had an entire day of good naps and feedings with no meltdowns!! All of his feedings were awesome and he went down for naps easily and stayed asleep for the full nap time! I know that for many babies this is completely normal every day, but not for Jack. I was soooo shocked and relieved to have one entirely good day! (Although his 5am feed today was a problem, but his 8am feed was good again....like I said sometimes good times and sometimes bad times.)
So basically I am just hoping that his happy moments begin to far outweigh his problem moments. It's hard to watch him struggle...I just want his belly to feel better all the time. If you think of him, please pray for Jack's stomach (or whatever is causing these issues) to be completely healed.
Jack has such a cute smile and laugh, which are both starting to make more appearances these days. His belly issues need to go away because most importantly I just want Jack to feel better, but also because I wanna see Jack's happy face more often. :)
3 comments:
Too CUTE!!!
I'm sorry the little guy is having painful episodes. It must be hard when there isn't a comfort that soothes his hurt.
I will pray.
Thank you Patsy!! :)
Such a cutie pie face! You need that DVD I mentioned--The Happiest Baby on the Block. Really, it was amazing to watch in action with my fussy grandbaby!
Post a Comment