Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Another Jack William

I follow a couple of random blogs...people I do not know but who have interesting blogs. Today, I was reading through one of them and noticed that she had posted about hosting a baby shower for her friend. When I looked at the pics I noticed that the baby's name is Jack William due July 20! How crazy! I know Jack and William are not unique names by any means, but to see another Jack William due this summer I thought was sooo cool!! :)


Obviously, Carissa is not the most common name around and growing up I always wished I had a more common name (I don't feel this way anymore but I did when I was young), which is one of the reasons why I love how classic and common sounding Jack William is.  But we actually picked it for some specific reasons.  William is Jared's middle name, his dad's middle name, his paternal grandfather's middle name, and his paternal grandfather's uncle's name.  So it's definitely a family name.


I do not know if Jack is a family name. Jared just always liked that name and told me when we were dating that it would be the name he would like if we ever had a boy.  Some of the reasons I like Jack is because it is a nickname for John, which means "grace" (the same meaning my name has) and John is one of the four gospels.  I also love Jack because C.S. Lewis' closest friends called him Jack, and I love C.S. Lewis' works.  So my hope is that by Jack having some biblical ties to his name, it will be one of hopefully many, constant reminders of Jesus in his life.


Anyways, back to the other Jack William arriving this summer....
  • Here is the blog I usually follow (again, I do not know this person, I just follow her blog because I find it interesting):  
  • Here is her post about hosting a baby shower for her friend: 
  • And here is her friend Lindsey's blog, who is having a Jack William in July too:  

Just thought that was fun and interesting :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is fun and interesting - loved the blogs! Can't wait to meet Jack William!

Carissa said...

Thanks!! Me too :)

Everything Changes said...

How fun.