Sunday, May 20, 2012

Jack's Nursery

Well, I think we finally have Jack's nursery finished.  At least as far as we know. I'm sure once we have him home we will realize there are things that we need.  But for now, I feel good about where we're at with it.

The overall feel we wanted to have with his nursery was animals, fun, and color.  Then we ended up also trying to add a park/meadow feel too.  Jared painted the green hills on the walls, but the trees and birds are just wall decals from Target (super easy to put up and take down). We just wanted his room to feel fun and creative when ya walk into it. I love how it turned out!

His furniture is just a hodge-podge of free stuff we accumulated from friends and family.  The crib was from Jared's co-worker, the rocking chair is the same one Jared's mom used for him, the changing table is actually his mom and step-dad's old TV stand, and the bookshelf is Jared's from when he was a kid.  All-in-all I think these pieces work out just fine.  Besides, it's not like we're made of money. We'll take all the free stuff we can get!! :)

Here are the pics...








That's actually not a tag on the crib, it's one of those safety flyers about what to do and what not to do when putting a baby down to sleep.  The bumper is one of those breathable bumpers, and the crib skirt is actually blue and white pinstripes but it doesn't really show up when I take a picture of it.




Below is a "Jack" California license plate. Hollie gave it to us and said it was to be a "prophetic" gift! :)




Below is one of the framed Bible passages we put in his room. Jared and I went to the same elementary school (JR and HS) and every Friday during our chapel times, the whole auditorium of kids recited Psalm 100. We still know it by heart to this day! So it has sentimental value to us, plus we think it is a great passage to memorize.  :)





Below is a pic of the cute Jack banner Hollie made for our baby shower. We snipped the ends and hung it above his crib. I love it! 


7 comments:

patsy said...

You and Jared did a great job on Jack's nursery! It's very cute and a neat idea about the park-like setting. I love the lettering on the wall! It won't be long before he completes that wonderful nursery!

Rebecca said...

I LOVE it!! It is perfect....love how each detail makes it so personal and complete for Jack! :))

Carissa said...

Thank you both so much!! :)

Everything Changes said...

It looks absolutely yummy!

Anonymous said...

so cute Carissa!

Carissa said...

Thanks Nancy and Lily!! :)

Tereese said...

I love it...you guys did a great job! :)