Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Perspective in Suffering
I watched a short video on suffering and the Christian life today. It's from R.C. Sproul and I found it really helpful. The main take-away I got from it is that God does not promise us that we will never suffer while we live on this broken planet, but what He does promise us is that when we suffer He will be with us....He promises us His presence in suffering. If you're interested you can watch it HERE.... it's only 4 minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was just reading in Job...and I thought this commentary said it well: "......Pain in a Christian's life is not always punishment for sin and idolatry. Sometimes it is allowed by GOD to silence the devil, as it was here (Job 1-2). On other occasions suffering displays GOD'S grace, as testified by Paul (II Cor. 12). Often suffering results in purifying our lives. Jesus said it could be used to glorify GOD (}ohn 9). Finally, suffering affords us the opportunity of helping others in trouble (II Cor. 1:4). He that has suffered much speaks many languages."
Thank you for sharing this Patsy! I especially like and can relate to the last line, "He that has suffered much speaks many languages."
Post a Comment