Jack's favorite things to do during his active time are to play on his jungle mat or to walk around in the baby bjorn...especially outside. Jack is extremely alert and loves to talk...he babbles on and on and on. I love to listen to him. We have conversations now too, where I will say something, then he will babble, then I will say something, then he will babble, and so on. It's great.
Jack also LOVES to stand up. I think he will be so excited once he is finally mobile. He loves to be upright either sitting or standing, and tries to sit up constantly. When standing, he tries to take steps, but obviously can't go anywhere yet. He is a very strong baby. You can feel it when he pushes against your chest/shoulders when holding him or when holding him in a standing postion you can feel his leg muscles when he pushes with them. He loves to reach up and hit his toys that dangle above him on his play mat - his favorite is his monkey. He is also holding his head up very well now, and holds himself up on his stomach all the time. Yesterday, he rolled over from his belly to his back, and now is doing it a lot....I think he likes his new trick. :)
As for eating and sleeping, he does both well. This boy loves his food, and if my body allowed for it I think he would nurse all day long nonstop. At 7 weeks, he started sleeping through the night, which has been amazing. We get about 6 hrs of sleep a night, which is just enough to feel somewhat rested, but not enough to feel totally rested. So I find myself still feeling a bit exhausted during the day. Regardless of my sleepiness, I am trying to soak up and enjoy every minute of every stage we have with Jack. We never know how much time God will allow us to have with him or if he will be our only child...so we don't want to take anything for granted.
We took him to his 2 month apt on Friday, and the doctor gave him a clean bill of health. He is 11 lbs 8 oz (50%) and 25 1/2 inches ( greater than 99%), so he is right on track, and at this point looking like he may end up with his dad's tall genes. We decided not to vaccinate him at this point, so we're thinking we might start an alternate schedule when he is 4 months. We'll see. It's such a tough decision. If we weren't flying to CA in December I would probably hold off on vaccines until after he is 6 months old...but the airplane/airport time makes me nervous because they are giant germ locations. For now, we are continuing to pray for wisdom as we want to do what is best for Jack no matter what.
I started back at work last Monday, which I was of course dreading (ok having panic attacks about is probably more fitting), but thankfully it went really well. I only need to teach one class this semester (MW 11:30a-12:50p) so Jared's grandma watches Jack for 3 hours on Monday, and Jared's mom watches Jack for 3 hours on Wednesday. I know that doesn't seem like a lot, and I am SOOO thankful I don't have to go back to work full time, but even 3 hours on MW is a lot to me. I don't really have that desire or need to take a break from Jack...maybe later I will, but right now I definitely do not want a break from Jack at all. So I was totally freaking out about this because I didn't want to leave Jack, but my cousin Kristy "listened" to my panicked emails, gave me lots of good advice, and said he may just sleep through that whole time right now anyways.... and she was totally right!! I came home last Wednesday, and was told Jack slept the entire time! Whew! I didn't miss anything. :)
So overall, Jack continues to melt my heart. I am filled with so much thankfulness, and pour lots and lots and lots of lovings on little Jack every day. He is my sweet, sweet little man, and I just can't get enough of him.
Here are pics of Jack at 2 months (outfit is from aunt Hollie)...
4 comments:
You seem to have a great schedule...very limited time away from him. And it's so nice you have family nearby that's able to watch him!
I love hearing about Jack and seeing all his adorable pics!!
I would love to see you guys in December if you can fit us in your schedule!?! :)
I agree w/Tereese 100% of all she said!!
I enjoy reading postings of a 'mother's heart'! You have the BEST attitude/mindset of not taking anything for granted!
I can't get over that he simply looks older than two months!
He is a sweetheart!
Cutie pie! Do a search on the Swedish slower plan of vaccination. All the vaccines inundating a child's immune system are crazy. If you choose to vaccinate, though, there are slower ways, with isolated one vaccine at a time. You have probably already checked this out, but I thought I'd share. And these are such hard decisions, especially when you go against the conventional plan. Bless you guys!
Thanks Tereese, Patsy, and Lily!! Yes, when we are in CA we will totally try to meet up with all of you!
And Lily, thanks for the suggestion about he Swedish vaccination plan. I hadn't heard of that one...only the Dr. Sears alternative plan. I will totally check out the Swedish one too. I have spent so much time thinking and praying about this....it's so hard!!
Post a Comment