Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Willful Blindness and the Glory of God

The Ligonier Ministries blog posted a short excerpt from R.C. Sproul's message about Moses and the burning bush.  It's only about 3 minutes, and I recommend watching it if you have the time.

Here is the video.... (the transcript is included in their blog post HERE)





Two things that stood out to me in this message:
  • God's glory can be seen (all of creation manifests God's glory). I do struggle with doubts about my faith from time to time, so I hold on to the things that I cannot reason away, and for me two of those things are nature/creation and the human body - they are where I see God's glory the most.  Both are dripping with evidence of a loving Creator and my mind cannot see that any other way.
  • A "willful blindess" - the idea that God's glory can be seen and known unless we willfully turn away from it. I have nothing to say about this other than that it completely resonates with me as truth.  I do not understand how someone can look at the complexities of nature, space, and the human body (and all of its systems) and still choose to say there is no Creator, this was all chance. That line of thinking is absolutely absurd to me, and there is soooo much science out there that resoundingly points to a Creator.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm in TOTAL agreement with you in regards to such evidence of our CREATOR GOD!

In regards to questioning your faith 'at times'...I want to encourage you to remember the conversation of Satan and Eve. All he did was ask her questions that caused her to 'reason' things in her own mind which led her to choose to disobey.

The Bible says to, "Test the spirits to see whether they are of GOD." Run to HIS TRUTH; believing and accepting HIS SOVEREIGNTY over all things

Carissa said...

Thank you for this Patsy!! :)