Monday, May 2, 2011

It's Done!!!!

It's done! It's done! It's done!!  My thesis is officially posted and my master's degree is officially completed!!!  Straight A's from start to finish!!! Hallelujah!  Hallelujah! Praise Jesus!

What an insane and exhausting two and a half years! I feel like a huge burden has been lifted off of my shoulders.  It's funny, Jared pointed out that I can actually go to sleep when I want to now.  I hadn't even thought of that.  I was so excited.  I kept thinking, "I can actually go to bed at a decent time like 10pm or 11pm.  I don't have to stay up until 2:00am or 3:00am writing papers and working on research projects anymore!"  That is such a freeing thought!! (Although, at some point, later in the summer, I will be working with my thesis mentor to reformat my thesis to have it published in a Communication scholarly journal too, but I'm not worrying about that now - I'll think about it in July or something).

Right now the only thing I have to do is work on binding and publishing my thesis.  I am hoping to work on that this week in between grading final projects for my GUST class. Then we fly to Spokane for my graduation on Friday.  I have to wait to get my gown until I arrive in Spokane - they have all of our stuff shipped to the campus, and then we pick it up there. I am so excited to put it on!!

I am also excited because my parents will be there too!!  And, I will get to see some of my friends in person that I have made during the program... all of my Gonzaga friends live in different states. Yeah, it was pretty challenging to work on a group project when every member was in a different state and time zone. 

During one class I had a military member who was stationed in South Korea in my group.  That led to some crazy early/late group Skype sessions to discuss our research, etc.  I so took for granted doing group projects for my BA degree.  I did that degree on campus so it was really convenient to just meet up with people before or after class because we were all there anyways.  Not so for this program, plus ya add in the fact that we are working 30+ hrs per week and you end up with a VERY challenging task.  However, that is one of the things I loved about this program.  It stretched and challenged me in so many ways - I am very thankful for that.

I would write more, but after working on a 95 page thesis for the past 4 months straight, the thought of writing is just not too appealing at the moment.  Anyways, thank you to everyone who prayed and supported me over the past few years.  I really appreciate it, more than you probably know!! This program was super tough and I could not have done it without the prayer support.

Here is my graduation announcement:




Ahhhh.... I'm done!!! :)

**Isaiah 26:12**

2 comments:

Jake and Hollie Chandler said...

Yayayayayayayayayayay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything Changes said...

Congratulations! What a relief.