Sunday, July 8, 2012

Jack's Here!!!

Well, Mr. Jack finally decided to make his arrival!!  He was originally due June 27 but waited until July 2 to enter this world.  The labor and delivery went as smoothly as I possibly could have hoped, thanks be to God!!  The hospital staff was so kind and compassionate....we had a wonderful experience. And to top it off I did not have to be induced!!  I was schedule for an induction at 6:30am on Monday July 2, but started having contractions at 1:30pm the day before.  We headed to the hospital around midnight and at 11:50am on Monday July 2, Jack arrived!!  He weighed 7 lbs 7 oz and was 20 inches long.  It was love at first sight!  Jared and my mom were my support people throughout the whole experience and I could not have done it without them.  They were sooo amazing!

We have been home since Wednesday and are slowly adjusting to life as parents.  Jack is doing really really well and is already back up to his birth weight.  Jared is an amazing dad!! He does everything...seriously!  He cuts Jack's nails, does diapers alone, helps with Jack's feedings and baths, and anything else Jack related.  It helps so much because I am able to try to rest as much as possible in between nursing Jack...because I am still really really sore (hoping that goes away soon...not fun at all).

My mom is also here now, and though she is telecommuting to work and taking two online college courses, she has been a huge help too!  She helps with diaper changes, watches Jack so I can nap during the day, and anything else that we need help with.  Plus, it just helps to have her here for her advice and help with questions. Also, She and Jared's mom have been on dinner duty this week....so thankful for that!

Honestly, it still doesn't seem real.  I keep telling Jared that I can't believe Jack is really here; that he is really ours.  I am so mesmerized by him!  I think the only phrase that comes out of my mouth over and over and over is "Thank you Jesus for Jack.  Thank you so much!"  I can't stop thanking Jesus for this precious gift.  We are so underserving of this sweet child, yet we are so thankful for him and that Jesus has brought him into our lives.  I am so incredibly aware of what a small part we played in Jack's creation and arrival.  When I look at him I only see God's creation...God's handy work.  We were simply willing participants.  I don't think I could in good conscious ever say "Man, we make beautiful children," because I don't feel like I had anything to do with this.  I think God makes beautiful children and it is to His glory alone that Jack is here.

While having Jack does not remove the pain of losing Aliyah, he certainly has brought joy to my broken heart.  I just love him so much and kiss his face all day!  And I can't wait for the rest of my family to meet him when they arrive July 9.... and for Aunt Hollie to take his newborn pics! :)

And now for a lot of Jack pics....

















7 comments:

The Acord Family said...

Congratulations! What a beautifully written post on your experience. You consistently inspire me and challenge me. We will be praying for you as you adjust to this new phase of life and learn more and more about your precious gift that God has given you. Congratulations again!

Carissa said...

Thank you so much Che!! :)

patsy said...

What a TREAT to 'meet' JACK! He has such a sweet smile and is adorable! I bet he's smilin' already because he's bathed in love!

Carissa, I loved your post! Very well expressed!

You and Jared make a GREAT team.....always have!

God Bless your little family!

I love you guys and can hardly wait to meet him in person!

Anonymous said...

How sweet - what a cutie! Wish you lived closer :( Congratulations!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Precious - what a gift !

Everything Changes said...

He's perfect! What a charmer, and such thunder thighs! :-) Bless you three! And I am so glad you did not have to be induced!!!

Tereese said...

I loved reading your post...so beautifully said! He's such a cutie!!